In current business environments competition is shaped by fast and discontinuous changes. These changes are impacting substantially on the capabilities of the firm/organization to maintain or strengthen its competitive edge.
These characteristics imply that managers have to rethink organizational operations and their perspective on longevity of the firm. Rethinking and creating novel competencies to turn the firm around towards new directions is the aim of this course.
After completion of this course the student will be able:
1. to create and/or develop the managerial competencies of the student
2. to understand the relationship between managerial competencies and different business values
3. to develop a deep understanding of the link between successful application of managerial competencies and the entrepreneurial situation
4. to research the student's change management readiness applying 20 different competencies in different situations
5. to design a self-guided process to enlarge or deepen the change management competency-readiness level
Module 1: Change Management Competencies, Competency Triangle: linking content, actor
(client/customer/consumer orientation) and process performance (roadmap) as foundation
for the assessment of assignments.
Due: Meeting Session
Module 2: Creating and Sustaining Commitment and Cohesion:
Focus will be on internal organizational aspects and flexibility
Module 3: Establishing and Maintaining Stability and Continuity:
Focus will be on coordination of activities and performance
Module 4: Improving Productivity and Profitability
Focus will be on control and purposes of leadership and organization
Module 5: Promoting Change and Championing Adaptability
Focus will be on flexibility and creativity