You can parse the structure and development of positive mental health according to stress and development theories and from a biological perspective. You can assess care needs and goals in accordance with the nature of the mental disorder in question.
You initiate and maintain care-related interaction with mental health and substance abuse patients and those close to them in a variety of care environments in a manner that promotes mental health, prevents mental disorders and is resource-oriented.
You understand the effects of mental health and substance abuse on the well-being of individuals, those close to them, the environment and society.
You can support people in acute crises.
Themes and essential content
Preventive and supportive mental health nursing
- Positive mental health, promoting mental health in different age periods and preventive support of risk groups
- Factors that affect the development of mental health: stress and trauma theories, personality development theories and the biological perspective
- Goals, forms of treatment and related methods in mental health nursing; nature and elements of the care relationship
Crisis and substance abuse nursing
- Methods of substance abuse nursing and early intervention
- Various crises and methods of crisis work