In the course the basics of Product design and Development are investigated. The student will learn the product design process and its stages and learns how to apply them into certain topic. The student is able to specify the customer needs and draw up product specifications with demand list. Student learns the basics of industrial design and its meaning in product design and development. The industrial design process is one important part of this. The book exam teaches how to implement the basics to the design of a product.
Exam will be held as a Moodle exam and the exam date will be discussed and agreed with the student. You can send a proposal for the exam date and time. There will be 3 hours reserved for making the exam.
- Book: Product Design and Development FIFTH EDITION (found from the school's library)
- Authors: Karl T. Ulrich, Steven D. Eppinger
- Published: 2012
- ISBN: 978-007-108695-0
- Introduction p. 1-11
- Development processes and organizations p. 11-24
- Product planning p. 53-72
- Product specification p. 91-95 (not anymore: "Step 1: Prepare the list of metrics)
- Industrial design p. 207-220
Total ~62 pages
Based on the exam, scale 1-5
hyväksyn tietojen siirron