You can plan and implement the care required by patients with various internal illnesses, oncological conditions and surgical needs in all phases of the patients’ lives.
You can identify and prevent risk factors that cause public health issues and deteriorate health and functional capacity.
You can assess the treatment needs of patients requiring urgent care, initiate treatment to maintain basic vital functions and assess the efficacy of treatment and nursing care.. You can support patients who require care and those close to them. You can apply nutritional recommendations in the prevention and treatment of nationally common illnesses. You can also take radiation safety into account in patient care.
You can use various digital applications and solutions in the treatment and nursing care of medical, surgical and oncological patients and in their guidance and counselling.
Themes and essential content:
Care of a medical patient
- Most important internal diseases
- Activities in the nursing of medical patients
- Human anatomy and physiology
- Transfusion treatment
Nursing of surgical patients
- Most important illnesses that require surgical treatment
- Activities in the nursing of surgical patients
- Pre-, intra- and post-operative nursing
Nursing of cancer patients
- Most important cancer diseases
- Activities in the nursing of cancer patients
- Diet compliant with nutritional recommendations in health promotion and the prevention of nationally common illnesses
- Assessing a patient’s nutritional state and its significance with regard to the patient’s care
- Nutritional care and special diets related to primary illnesses as part of the patient’s overall care