The students are familiar with the principles of the system of universities of applied sciences (UAS) in Finland and the operation of their own UAS. They are familiar with their own degree programme and its structure as well as the required knowledge and skills related to their future educational profession. The students are motivated and committed to goal-oriented studying. They are aware of and know how to use various study support services and can apply the principles of self-guided studying and other contemporary learning-theoretical views. The students develop their ability to learn and their studying potential through assessment and continuous self-assessment in their studying and professional growth. The students improve their information retrieval abilities.
Lectures, group work, dialogues, exercises/assignments, independent work
Literature and other material: Provided at the beginning of the course.
- forms a comprehensive picture of the higher education/UAS-studies in Health Care Programme and the guiding principles
- knows the KTUAS/Health physical environment, and how to use support services during the studies
- knows how about the learning styles, views on learning
- knows main phenomena and concepts related to the profession of a registered nurse in Finland
- adapts the learning strategies best suited for him/her in the individual and reflective study as well as in collaborative study
- knows about self-directed study
Evaluation of the course: Grading scale pass/ fail. Active attendance, exercises/assignments
hyväksyn tietojen siirron