The student gets a holistic approach to a tourism company´s strategic management as a long-term key business process which aims at future-oriented, responsible and high quality as well as profitable business performance. He/she deepens his/her understanding and knowledge on strategic planning as well as on financial issues. As a result the student knows how to apply various business development and assessment tools in order to improve strategic business operations towards `Business Excellence`.
- knows the basic goals, phases and tools of strategic planning as part of strategic management business process
- understands the role of foresight, total quality management and corporate social responsibility in the strategic planning and learns to apply related development and assessment tools to promote long-term business planning and strategic management
- is able to read and analyse financial statements and operations of a company in order to produce information for strategic and financial decisions
- knows how to use Balanced Score Card (BSC) as a strategic tool
- is able to do profitability planning; short-, mid- and long term budgeting and investment calculations
- knows how to acquire (external) funding
- understands the opportunities and challenges of Total Experience Management in the strategic management